Did you know that...
- Sales and Use Tax Decision: On June 21, 2018, the US Supreme Court held that states can assert nexus for sales and use tax purposes without requiring the seller have a physical presence in the state. The decision in South Dakota v. Wayfair, Inc., et al means that states can collect tax from out-of-state retailers including those selling online. Expect to see more states enacting economic nexus laws.
- 2018 Standard Mileage Rates: The 2018 standard mileage rate for business miles driven is 54.5 cents per mile. The standard mileage rate for medical expenses is 18 cents per mile. The standard mileage rate for charitable purposes is 14 cents per mile. Note: The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act suspended the moving expense deduction for tax years beginning after December 31, 2017 through January 1, 2026. The suspension does not apply to members of the Armed Forces on active duty who move related to a permanent change of station; the standard mileage rate is 18 cents for these moves.
- 2017 Standard Mileage Rates: The 2017 standard mileage rate for business miles driven is 53.5 cents per mile. The standard mileage rate for medical and moving expenses is 17 cents per mile. The standard mileage rate for charitable purposes is 14 cents per mile.
- 2017 Tax Act: On December 22, 2017, the President signed the 2017 Tax Act into law. It contains a comprehensive set of changes to the Internal Revenue Code. For reference, the 2017 Tax Act is P.L. 115-97. The proposed short title for the Act, the "Tax Cuts and Jobs Act," was dropped before enactment on procedural grounds. Most provisions are effective after December 31, 2017.
- Preeminent Lawyers: Sari Ann Strasburg received a Lifetime Achievement Award from America's Top 100 Attorneys in 2017. Sari is listed in the Martindale-Hubbell Bar Register of Preeminent Women Lawyers.
- Awards: Sari Ann Strasburg has been awarded the 2018 Global Excellence Award for Leaders in Commercial Law in New Hampshire by Acquisition International. She is the Winner of two awards given by US Business News: the 2018 Legal Elite Award for Best Solo Business Law Firm in New Hampshire and the 2018 Legal Elite Award for Excellence in Corporate Law. Sari is the Winner of the 2018 Corporate LiveWire Award for Excellence in Business Law. She received the 2017 and 2016 Global Legal Award for Best Complex Business Lawyer in New Hampshire. She has received international recognition for her strategic work on complex legal issues. Sari received the 2016 Women in Law Award for Female Lawyer of the Year in New Hampshire. Announced by Corporate Vision magazine in November, the awards are given to those who have achieved professional excellence within their specialist area, influencing other women to pursue legal careers, and working with and mentoring other female lawyers.
- Rating: Sari Ann Strasburg has received Martindale-Hubbell's AV Preeminent Rating, its highest professional distinction. According to Martindale-Hubbell, "AV Preeminent is a significant rating accomplishment - a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence."
- DirectWomen Board Institute: DirectWomen selected Sari Ann Strasburg for the Board Institute Class of 2009. She and 20 top women lawyers from across the country were chosen for the program, designed to identify and promote qualified women lawyers to serve on corporate boards of public companies. An initiative of the American Bar Association, the Tide Center and Catalyst, Inc., the Institute provides a credential of board readiness for service on major U.S. corporate boards while also promoting the independence and diversity required for good corporate governance.
© 2004 - 2018. Strasburg Law P.L.L.C. All rights reserved.